Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Tuesday, Last Day Off

Today is a rainy, rainy day.  As I peruse the weather map I can see all storm just racing across the NE.  At least it didn't get too hot.

Spent yesterday with my sister cleaning windows at 2327. Guess we could have hired a window company to do that, but, they were so dirty that they would have probably cost a couple of hundred.  Also moved a small chest of drawers to be used by my daughter.  Guess it will save her a few bucks.  To my surprise, I had been hoping, I was able to get it inside the bck seat of my Subaru.I just had to leave the window open because the top of it would have made it with the window closed.

Today we went to pick out the tombstone for my dad.  We got it the same as my mothers.  It will be balanced.  And in place of the rose on hers we got an insignia of the Army Air Corps.  I had told him I was going to put on it "He thought he knew more than the Doctor"  But he said "don't you dare"  So we didnt do that.Althought the thought crossed my mind.  The stone cost almost $1,100. For my mother who died in 95 it was $695.  The cost really went up.  I personall don't care if I have a stone or not.  There was also a fee of $50 for "perpetual care"  The grass where they are buried is about &" long.   So much for the perpetual care and maintance.

 

No comments: