Monday, May 31, 2004

Monday

Well the computer finally crashed.  That was on Saturday.  It had been "not right" for about a month, and it finally came to the end of the line.

My husband had to delete the remains and redo everything.  The process of redoing took hours.  But now it seems to be doing good.   Who knows how long it will last.  The longest to add back in was the Nortons antivirus.  I would like to know, and can't figure out, why the Nortons didn't catch the problem in the first place.   The message came from the computer stating that the files were "corrupted"

We really didnt lose to much stuff,  just the apers my daughter had done when in high school.  He had initially used a program that sucked the information out of the old computer and installed it in the new.  That was about a year ago and I don't think that was the problem now.  She hasn't used this computer since she wenr to college so we really didnt need that info.

Today is my last day off.  I am oncall tomorrow and then oncall the weekend. I really don't have anything planned, but, I think that I really need to get a life.

No comments: