Monday, May 17, 2004

Monday, Monday

Tomorrow is my last day off.  I can't imagine being bored not working.  You read about people who work into their 70's.  All I can figure is the don't have a life or any outside activities to do. 

Ir rather, they have some cushy job that is not physically or mentally exhausting.   I really don't know ANYONE who is in health care planning to work past retirement age.  The work is physically becoming extremely difficult to do.   We have more and more patients that are the same age as the care takers.   With the increase in obesity the strain and stress on the health care worker is increasing.  I really don't know how much longer I can do it.   One of the hardest thing to do is moving people.  It is virtually impossible to move a bed containing an individual who is 400 or 500 pounds, but, the nurse and caregivers are expected to do that.  I really expect to see an increase in back injuries and disabilities in the next few years in the health care population.

People have no idea what this does to their bodies.  There is an increase in Blood Pressure, hear t disease, diabetes and stress on the joints.  I guess everyone feels that there will be a pill to take to eliminate their prolems./

No comments: