Thursday, May 13, 2004

Thursday afternoon

Well, spending the afternoon cleaning.   Actually, the room that was formerly my daughters.    I decided that the room needs painted and the rug cleaned.  But to move that furniture is just too big of a job.  I got a new plug put in so I could connect the computer to a three prong outlet.  The former one had the computer connected to the off and on switch on the wall, so you could potentialy lose the stuff on the computer.    Also had Chuck put in and wire the phone outlet.   It was the one that had those old 4 pongs.  Now it is a plug in.  The hardest part was to get him going.  I had to promise not to bother him all the rest of the day.   I did bring out a small cedar chest and put 1 violin and 2 violas in it.  Good place to keep them so they don't get squashed.   The violin is a good one, the violas are student types.  Maybe at some point in time the violas could be donated to a high school for student use.   Emily cold do that and take it as a deduction on her income tax at some future point in time.

There is just so much "stuff".  I seem to be the only one in the family that can pitch stuff out.   All of the toys and stuffed things are going in the attic in a box.   The kid type books are going to the library and the older type books will have to be gone thru by my daughter.  The library is a good place to donate them.

This week has just been like July.  I thought it would have been cooler.

I am frustrated by the way the progress on the estate is going.  Everyone says "I can fix the RV" but no one gives me a date to do it.  I am really leaning toward donating it to the Goodwill.  It is only worth about $1,000 and who knows what the repairs will cost.   I plan not on leaving my daughter with any outstanding messes like the one I have.

Back to work

No comments: