Wednesday, August 20, 2008

wednesday's madness

Here is Claudia's version of "Sunflowers"   Sorry Vincent...........

Today I was in the GI Lab.  I decided hell would be doing colonoscopies for eternity.   I did 16, a few of them were gastroscopies too.   The youngest person was 44 and she weighted about 130 pounds; she was also the skinniest.   WOW what a day.  Just got finished at 4:45 PM and I was glad.  I was tired and called Emily and asked if she wanted to eat out; she said to pick up Chinese.  I have a new favorite of Chinese dish.  Garlic Chicken,  it has lot of vegetables and not very garlicky.  I ordered a small portion for both of us (Emily had shrimp Lo Mein) and there is enough for left overs for tomorrow.   The two meals cost about $9 total for two.

Tomorrow I am working for 16 hours.  I am assigned to OB, who knows what that will bring.......it is either very busy or very slow....I am hoping for slow.  I will spend my day doing lunches and breaks....

I now have an offer for a book club (thanks Beth!!!).  I will peruse the list and see what I want to do.  Finding the time is sometimes complicated for me.  It is funny, if I take something to read for tomorrow to read in my down time I will be busy as could be, if I take nothing I will be sitting around with nothing to do.  It always happens,  I wish I knew how that worked. 

Emily was reading POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS by Augustine Borroughs.   She liked it better than RUNNING WITH SCISSORS,  that book I thought was the stupidest bookI had read in awhile.  Maybe I will give Augustine another chance and read the first listed.

It is hot outside; and to be hot tomorrow.  I am ready for fall.  I like it when it is warm during the day and cool at night. Soon it will be there...Most people I talk to tell me that fall is their favorite season.  But the bad thing about is you know the winter is soon to follow.http://www.artsconnected.org/art_collector/viewer/print.cfm?cid=8472 Here is Vincent Van Goghs version.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rather unpleasant day...I hope tomorrow is better, despite the double shift. Hang in there!

Love the sunflowers picture--they're beautiful, and so cheery.

Maybe I'll see you at the book club forum...!

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

I love sunflowers & I like your version almost as much as his. I eat broccoli with garlic sauce often, love it. I hope it is busy so those hours pass quickly. ~Mary
http://journals.aol.com/frankandmary/JustMary/entries/2008/08/19/household-balance-sheet/510

Anonymous said...

Going from GI to gyn isn't much of a shift, but even so....maybe like going from the sewer to a gold mine, lol?

Augustine sure used a lot of literary license when he wrote his first book. He also has a brother who jumped on the wagon and wrote a book. I decided to stop after Running With Scissors.

suz