Monday, August 4, 2008

Thought I was out of luck

I have the link to my journal on my toolbar.   Today I clicked on it and it would not let me add an entry...............I tried it from my favorites and still not luck.   Then I did the restart the computer bit and it went on from my toolbar.   I was starting to mentally compose my nasty gram to the powers at AOL...............saved by rebooting...............

I read an article on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.  I have to re peruse it, but the gist of the article states that (this is a good one)

COMPANIES TAP PENSION PLANS TO FUND EXECUTIVE BENEFITS.

Just when you thought you were finished getting screwed by the executives at corporations another one comes to bite you on the arse.  I wanted to post the link but, alas, it is not available for the peons to read.

The information is an example of corporate greed gone wild.   With many companies freezing their pensions and putting the responsibility onto the worker, some corporation are putting their plans into resources  to fund the executives perks.

I have often wondered how these corporations are able to pay such outrageous sums and ala the way of the real estate debacle it looks like they are not and the regular workers are getting royally screwed again.  

The date of the WSJ is Monday August 4, 2008 and is located on the front page.  

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't need to read it. I worked the government - I know where they make us take it! Ouch.