Thursday, August 28, 2008

Off Today

Here is another view of Elfreth's Alley in Philadelphia.

Got up this morning at 7 AM.   That was a two hour sleep in for me.   It is amazing that a day off can be refreshing......The weather outside is rainy and COOL.  I love the coolness of the air.  The rain was from tropical storm FAY.   I guess she is about to run out of steam.    We hadn't had rain for a while and things were dry, we really could use it and probably a day or two more.

I love the sound of gentle rain on the roof at night.  I woke up and heard it pattering on the roof; then fell back asleep.

Not much on my agenda.  Chuck is at work and Emily is at school.   Soon the first week will be over for her.   This is mostly orientation and I think some basic Nursing Class will start today.   A & P had orientation on Tues and will also start for real today too.    It is nice to sit at home, it is quiet and I have the cats for company.   I think I would like to spend a week as one of my cats.    They get to sleep most of the day and have their food handed to them in  a little dish.......of course, they are neutered and we have eliminate a large portion of their activity.  LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Elfreth's Alley!

Enjoy your day off--it sounds like a peaceful and relaxing one!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I would love wandering down Elfrath's Alley! What a wonderful little piece of serenity. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

You get two hours' sleep before a day off - I predict a stellar nap!