Friday, August 22, 2008

After the 16

Here is another picture from Philadelphia with a shop on Pine Street.   I LOVE color and its contrasts.  The only black and white I like is Ansel Adams.   AOL Image Search results for "ansel adams"  I hope the search is there when you look.  I have yet to master how to keep the type style the same when you add pictures and links.  

Yesterday was not too busy.  I  set up OB, you have to be ready at an moments notice to do STAT   csections.    I did breaks and lunches and after seven sat around and perused the Internet.   We do not need a person on till 11 and I wonder how long it will last.  It is a big expense for someone to be there and usually doing nothing.

Today was a very light day.  There were only three rooms running.   We have thirteen rooms available.  Thirteen people were "staff leveled"  That means they were told to stay home and go without pay or take 8 hours vacation pay.    This is common in the health care business.  It doesn't matter if you have bills to pay....just too bad for you.  I am glad I am off.

Nothing else going on here.  Emily is getting ready for work and I am contemplating the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claudia, I can't remember the last time anyone in the lab was told to go home because there wasn't enough work! There was always work...and if we finished up early, it was a chance to do monthly maintenance on the instruments, or catch up on continuing education. Of course, the downside of this is that we often had TOO much work for the staffing we had, which meant plenty of overtime for all.

I do NOT miss it, believe me!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I love the eccentric offerings in this shop picture. I think it's unfair to have to use vacation pay, or lose pay because of being overstaffed. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I like your picture!