Friday, August 8, 2008

Palm Pilot

I have a Palm handheld that I use at work.  It contains many programs that I use routinely use.   I have been trying for an hour to get it to Hot Sync.   It is set up that you can do this with WI FI because I can get online with it.   It would not sync;  I really hate when things to not work like they are intended.   This applies to all sorts ofelectronic things, which frustrates me the most.    After playing with that for a long time, changing the connections on the program and the handheld I decided that maybe it would work with its umbilical cord attachment.   Good grief it worked on first try.....Now, why will it work with the cable and not the wireless application.  It worked wirelessly the last time......  I just have no idea.

We are going to be leaving for the Philadelphia trip on Sunday.   Did you ever look forward to something and have it turn out to be a bust?   I always worry about that with vacations.   After you spend time and money researching, planning and anticipating it ends up not how you had hoped.  

The drive will be on the PA Turnpike which can be another story by itself.   This will be about a five hour drive.  PA is a wide state.   Driving in Philadelphia can be maddening, I have done it before.  Traffic can be awful, but, (I hope) it will be lighter because it is Sunday, which leads me to worry on Wednesday because that is the day I will be leaving.  The car will be parked until we leave.  I sincerely hope it is still there when I get back to the garage....I think it will be because of two items.   One the car has amanual transmission and no one wants them and very few can drive them.  It is the best anti theft device there is......

I have the itinerary work out in three days.  The first is arrival and the historic sights.  The next two depend on the weather.  One will be shopping and the other will be the museums.  Philly is very walk able and flat.  I have two pair of shoes, or one shoe and one pair of Birkenstocks.    

Still haven't gotten my computer back.  This is frustrating to me.  They sent me an email yesterday stating that the computer is now in the repair department.   I called them and told them that I got the same email 7 days earlier and exactly what was going on.   Acer told me they have 7 to 10 days to repair,  you have already had it 7 days I said.   The technician is working on it,  the only bright spot is that their native language was English.    

It is actually cool outside, the high today should be in the low 70's.  The change is refreshing to me.  I turned of the A/C and have a cool, north wind going thru the house. 

I plan to take a lot of pictures, and someday hope to get back my computer so I can download and post them....

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only two pair of shoes? I need two just to go to the grocery store, lol, in case my feet start to hurt too much. Changing shoes often isn't a fashion statement for me.

Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I go on vacation, I visualize every aspect of it as being great ahead of time ;-), usu carries over.  Hope you have a great time.
~Mary