Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home Again

Home again, home again.....I have added some pictures to the Philadelphia entries.    The Inn had wifi but we were on  the end of the reception, or so Emily and I thought....Links were hard to load, and close to not downloading.   I wanted to add pictures at the time but it would not do that.

After the Mutter Museum, we were talking to the volunteer at the gift shop.  He told us that we could get the city bus there.  It stops at the end of the block, ride north about 8 blocks, and there you are.  It was just a two block walk up the Ben Franklin Parkway.

We are members of the Carnegie Museum so we got in for free because most museum, zoos, conservatories (flowers) have reciprocating agreements that if you belong to one you can potentially get in for free at another.  Yea,  $30 saved.  You were allowed to take pictures here, as long as you didn't use the flash.  We started at the top floor and walked down.   They had an elevator there that was so large that it could have fit a medium sized elephant in it.  Guess it is needed so big for hugh works of art.

This is the front, there are two wings out of the ends of the main building.   It has three floors, and a basement level.   There are about 100 steps which I walked up.  This is the east entrance, I found out that they also have a West entrance that only has about 10 steps. 

Next is a picture of the Philadelphia skyline.

This was immortalized in 1976 by Sly Stallone in ROCKY.

                                           

Does anyone out there know how to make this picture larger???   Here is the link to:            I tried to find the music, but no luck.  It is out there but I didn't find it.

Rocky (1976)

After three house of walking and looking at art we were tired and took the Phlash bus to the READING TERMINAL MARKET.   The Phlash bus is a tourist  bus that takes you almost anywhere you want to go along the tourist highlights.  It cost $5 per day or $2 for one ride.

Reading Terminal Market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Emily bought some tea and a woven market bag for $1.  I have a few bags but the problem is remembering to take them in the market.  Besides I recycle my plastic bags I get at the grocery store. ( The recycling process involves cat litter.   Enough on that process)

I love markets like that one, another nice market is in Cleveland.  Wish we had one in Pittsburgh.   That evening we ate at the IRISH PUB.

Food was better at the first restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sort of reminds me of my favorite Irish Pub in Toronto :-). I use cloth bags for groceries. No recyling and they are stronger to use than plastic, easier to carry, and washable.

Great pictures! You had a good time :-)