Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday

Wow.   Its Wednesday.  Yesterday I had a stress test.   You have to go and get your heart nuked, take pictures'  and walk on the treadmill, they get it nuked again and take pictures.    The treadmill goes from slow to fast, and increasing the the angle.   I made it for the six minutes with no pain.   I was short of breath but not enough to stop and fall over. 

Chuck, bless his heart, decided to take me.   So, in the waiting room, I am being interviewed by the RN.     RN:  "Do you have an allergies?"   ME:  "NO"

From the other side of the room, Chuck:  "You're allergic to Sulfa"    Me to Chuck:  "You are one of those spouses when the nurse ask the patient, they answer for them...."    Me, to the nurse,  "It gives me an upset stomach.  That is a side effect, not an allergy"    Me to Chuck:   "You are giving me fodder for my journal !!!"    RN:  "I am not getting into the middle of this one"   LAUGHS.

I had awakened with pain in the middle of my chest a few weeks back.   The Cardiologist said primarily it looks good.  Another doctor will read the nuked heart scans.....Wonder what the half life of the nuking isotope is?

Next is a Gall Bladder Scan, along with my biliary ducts (I had mention to my PCA about my mothers bile duct cancer)  and my pancreas after the discussion of  "The Last Lecture"    If nothing shows  (I AM REALLY HOPING)  I guess a trip to the Gastroenterologist is in my furture.   What the hell; he has already examined my colon.  Maybe he is in need of a new car !!!!!  I will do my part for him to get one.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claudia, LOL with the conversation, and the fodder for a journal entry! Isn't it funny what strikes you about what you want to write about?!

I hope you get good news and good reports from your tests today.

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

Did they make you hold your arm up over your head twice for 45 minutes each time? I had to get physical therapy for months after that! I TOLD them I couldn't do it! I did it, but I paid for it, too. I didn't even get out of breath on that test. I offered to go longer, if they wanted me to.