Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday, Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another work week under my belt.   Today I did hands.   One of the most common hand troubles is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.   It is when the hand gets numb because the nerve is entrapped.   This is a problem with repetitive actions.   Such as typing and computer work.    I give sedation  and the surgeon injects a bit of local and then he releases the tightness surrounding the nerve.   I think the hand is immobilized for about 2 weeks.   Just think, you can not feed yourself or worse wipe you own butt.    You really have to like someone to help with this. 

Tomorrow I am a volunteer for the hazardous waste recycling.   If you have hazardous waste, there are a few days in the summer and fall that you can take the stuff and paid $2 gallon and they will dispose of it for your.    It is really cheap and they get rid of it in a prescribed manner.     I think all I will be doing is passing our papers and things of that nature.  They expect 2000 drop offs.   I have a few gallons of motor oil to be disposed.   I also get a free T-shirt and a $10 gift card at the Giant Eagle.  (food store.)

I will take my camera and  take pics of the guys in the hazmat suits.   Back in 2004 when my dad died, my sibs and I cleaned out his garage and found all sort of hazardous waste.   It was in unlabeled jars; my worst fear was being ass-ended on the PA Turnpike and turning the car into a fire ball.   That did not happen, thank the Lord.   I was a bit nervous.    

New computer trouble.   It keeps sending me information that my wireless Internet is disconnected/ connected.  It is flashing like a beacon.   I do not know what to do.  I went into Acer Management and connected it,. but, why does it not stay connected.   Guess the computer needs exorcising.  I just got the damn thing back...   Making me crazy, it is.

Think I need a picture.   A few more gourds to add to the mixture.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was starting to have some wrist problems from frequent pipetting and computer entry at work. Now that I've stopped working, it's gotten a lot better. It's a frequent malady in lab workers.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I had carpal tunnel surgery done on both hands, 6 weeks apart. I had to do some planning, but I live alone and had no help at all. I managed just fine. I missed 2 days of work each time, and drove myself to work without problem on the third day. I had use of my fingers immediately, wore a soft cast, and the casts were off in 10 days. Easy stuff, really!