Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday

I am feeling in sort of a crappy state.   I just can not seem to get motivated.  I go to work and can't wait to leave.    I am glad I have a week off in a few weeks.   I guess I will take my aggressions out on cleaning the house.  That is good for getting rid of frustrations.

On Saturday I went to do the Household Hazardous Waste clean up.  A  few times a year in Western PA they will have one day a month when you can get rid of your hazardous things.   Such as, oil, paint, insecticides, and other things of that nature.

This was the first year I volunteered because I    felt it was a good thing to do.    I live in Allegheny County, which was one of its sponsors..

There were a lot of volunteers and we got a lot of things done.  BUT, as I am standing there waiting for the people to file in a woman asked me if I was an employee of Allegheny; County.  NO, as we spoke and I found out, the employees of Allegheny County got paid time and a half to be there.   What was the definition of VOLUNTEER????     I really felt that I was being taken advantage of....why was I there on my day off, blissfully thinking I was helping when the majority of them were getting paid for it.

I will not do that again.   To think that my hard money, paying my county taxes was going to pay for alleged volunteers at this event.  It really made me a bit angry.  

Never again.


 

No comments: