Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Henry again...

Henry was sooooo small when we got him at the Humane Society.  My red cat Ginger has recently died and I love red cats.   I think he was about 6 weeks, so small with such a big MEOW.   I swear he said "Pick me, pick me"

WE got two cats that day.  Including Lucy, she was a bit of an odd ball.  She is very pretty, "when you are very pretty you do not have to be smart."  That's what my daughter said....  Lucy is still odd, I do not think she had been properly socialized.  You get three pats max; she would have made a good solitary pet.

We had removed the carpeting and were going to have another installed.   The basement door is about 2" higher because of the removed carpet.     The first day I had the two kitten sleep in the basement; their bed, litter box and food/water dishes were down there.   They came up when one of us were home and down for the night.  

One night, I put the two of them to bed and I could hear meowing and then some scratching.    To this day, I do not know how Henry did it, but he crawled under that door in the 2" space.   I heard the noise and next thing I knew there he was walking across the living room and I swear he was smiling.....He only did that one and the problem  was self resolving because in about a week he got to big to do it again.    After I knew they could climb the steps the graduated to the upstairs. 

 

 

LUCY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Cute story! When they're small they can sure get into some tiny spaces! When Sheeba was small, I was laying in bed, and he crawled UNDER my neck! LOL

Lucy looks sweet, too, even if she is a little odd. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

Cats can be the best and the worst at the same time, lol!