Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday

This is a picture of a bridge in Celle, Germany.   The town that my grandmother came from.     I looked again at some post cards that she had written in 1966.   In one she mentions visiting her brother.   I knew about her sister Johanna and her brother August who emigrated to the USA.   But I was surprised about the mention of another brother.  She also mentions visiting her sister in law and one of the post cards is signed by "Lily"  I guess it is the lament of everyone who is seeking their departed ancestors.  Why didn't ask this information when they were alive.    I suppose it wasn't important then but it is now that the source of the information is gone. 

Do you suppose having a seance (sp???) at the grave site would be of any help???

No comments: