Friday, October 12, 2007

Today was fix the  foot day.  Had to get up at 4:30 to be at the hospital at 5:30. The trip was uneventful.   The operation was non eventful.   Got my Versed while going down the hall and don't remember anything after the opening of the door to Room 5.   Woke up as I was moving myself to the cart to go to Recovery.  No pain, and lots of amnesia.

Lots of people fear anesthesia because they have no control.  I just want to relax and let my colleagues do their job for which they are trained.  Someone asked me was I afraid and my answer was that with a minor surgery it was no.  I would be worried if it were major.  But I told the person I would be REALLY worried if I didn't know what sort of a procedure my surgeon would do.   There are so many out there I wouldn't have operate on my dead cat. 

   I ALSO TOLD THIS PERSON THAT IF YOU NEED SURGERY FIND SOME ONE WHO WORKS IN AN OR AND ASK THEM WHO THEY WOULD HAVE OPERATE ON THEM.. 

  Excellent advice loud and clear.    That would be one of the secrets of surgery.  Don't ask me for a second opinion when you have scheduled your procedure.   

This advice is a precious pearl of wisdom for all of you out there in cyberland.

No comments: