Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sunday

I wish I could make the background color something other than white.  I guess I need a kid to show me how.   I know, somewhere, in the bowels of the instructions for this journal it can be done.   I have seen examples of others and they CAN DO IT.   I know so can I, if I only could find out how.

Off to the Homeless Cat Management session today.  On the coldest day of the year there were 102 cats on the roster for scheduled sterilization.   Only about 60 or show actually showed up.  Or their caretakers who brought them.  Most of them are young and adolescent cats, probably from this years season.   If they manage to take care of 60 to 80 cats per month, how many homeless, unwanted, litters does that prevent?   I think it is a good thing to do.  I tell my 3 how lucky they are that they have a warm home, but they are oblivious to the alternative..........So much for the complex thought of the cats that live at my house.  Some of them are those big scruffy tom cats who weigh from 15 to 20 pounds.  Maybe they will spend more time grooming now that they have been taken out of the gene pool.

The Christmas tree is in place and not decorated.  We knew it was to snow so we brought it in yesterday.  Maybe we could get it in position and I would like to fill up the water pan. 

My parents had all kind of glass tree balls and old type lights.  I asked my sister if he had given them to her.  She said no, only our Mom had given her some of the large glass pretty balls.  She said she thinks he threw them out.  Can you believe it????  The things of any obvious value he threw away.  He kept cancelled checks from 1946 but pitched the Christmas decorations.

My husbands grand father was wise,  He gave the ornaments to the first grandkid who got married.  So Chuck and I got them.  The trouble with those decoration is that they are so old and fragile.  They look pretty and  you would pay big bucks for them in the antique store.  My dtr once asked if that was why we got married, was for her great grandfathers decorations.  We said, at the same time, "Of course."  She looked at us rather strangely.

 

 

No comments: