Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year to you all

Happy new year to all of you out there.   I am sitting at the hospital waiting for 10:30 PM to arrive so I can leave.  So far  I did one csection.   They had waited 4 years to have this beautiful little girl, and they were so happy.

The place has been quiet and I think my partner here has gone to bed.  His wife bought him supper from Wendy's.   He will be here till tomorrow and then go home too.  It seems foolish for two of us to be here till late.  I am just sitting and writing in my journal.

Talked to Emily and she and her dad, aka my husband, went out to eat.  That was no big surprise.   I got a lot done this morning.  Read two papers, checked my email, went to the library, the grocery store, and the dry cleaners.  Went to get a bottle of wine.

Pennsylvania.   Wanted to get a bottle of wine.   PA is the absolute pits when it comes to liquor sales.   The sale of hard liquor and wine is the monopoly of the state of PA.   They control the price and tax to the hilt.   If you want a special bottle of something they will order it for you and you have to purchase a case.   The beer is sold only in cases at the beer distributors.    To get a six pack you need to go to a bar.   I guess the legislature thinks we are too stupid to buy beer and wine in the grocery stores.   Maybe it is a religious aspect????  Even in the Bible belt they sell the wine in the grocery store.   I think the people who are employed by the "State Stores" are relatives of the legislators.   It really is a freaking mess. Do they really think we will all become alcoholics if we buy wine in a grocery store.?????

Only three more hours to go.......Hope you all have a Happy New Year and it is better than the one this year.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Claudia!.....I hope it will be a year of Many Blessings!

Marie