Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday

"Future shock [is] the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time."
Alvin Toffler

This is what happened yesterday when the chief of our department told  us that everything will now be done on the computer.  This includes all aspects of documentation of goals of employment, selection of  benefits and things like vacations.  All of our compliance articles and tests too.

Most of them looked dazed and confused.   This is going to cause a major disruption in their lives.  My only concern is that we don't have enough computers to get this all done.   I told me coworker   "They don't have a clue what to do."   She said, laughing.  "I am not going to help them LOL"

I told my boss that we need more computers to get done what is now expected....He had to agree.  We also need the time to get it done too.

No comments: