Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday morning

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates."
Thomas Szasz

I guess I haven't found myself because I have been there all the time........What an eureka moment.........

We got the tree decorated yesterday. He and I have been decorating trees for a number of years.   His grandfather always said that he would give the Christmas Tree decorations to the grandchild who was the first to get married.   One Christmas, while we were decorating the tree, we told our daughter that story.   She asked  "Is that why you got married?"    "Of course!!!!" we both said at the exact time for two opposite sides of the room.  The timing was exact and we couldn't have planned it more perfectly....   We used the ornaments for a long time but now they are packed.   A lot of them were made in Germany and are fragile glass.    

I also have a antique Nativity Set that was my grandmothers.  It is made of paper mache and made in Oberamergau Germany?  I have perused antique stores for a long time but never have found any like it.   It is missing the donkey, camels, sheep and a cow, and shepherds.   Maybe I should try ebay..... 

No comments: