Saturday, May 12, 2007

Frustration

Went into Oakland and had to deal with traffic moving at a snail pace.  Got to the library, at least I found a parking space.....Parking in Pittsburgh is atrocious.   An average person could not afford to drive to work and park in the town.   It would cost you about $25 a day and the Mass Transit sucks big time.   Their budget is high and most of the cost go to support the golden parachutes of the management.   It is really ludicrous that most of the public transit cost for their health care and outrageous pension.      When I retire I will be paying my own and plus government employees too.  What a crock.

So to cut cost the Port Authority of Allegheny County cut routes and layed off the peons.  Soon there will be no bus service and just fringe benefits for the elite of the PAT.    Just like where I work.   The layoff and nickel and dime the workers and then hired more administrators.     What a world.

I got nothing accomplished at the Library.    I wanted to check the birth and marriage records.   It is all on microfilm.   The screens are up above my head and you have to look up instead of straight.   I can sit like that.  My spine was hurting.    And I couldn't find what I was looking for.   Since 1880 births had to be recorded.   A person had to go in the town and record them.   Well, I guess because they were home births, the didn't get done.   SO, nothing that I was looking for was recorded.  

My next move will be to peruse the cemeteries and contact the churches.  They will do that for a fee.   Bingos must be slow.

 

No comments: