Sunday, May 13, 2007

cemetery perusing

Spent the morning with Chuck going to St Anthony's Cemetery and taking pictures of the ancestors graves.    This is for geneolgical purposes and not some kinky obsession.  Just really got into that within the past six months.   I think it must be something a person thinks of as they get older.   When I was younger the ancestors were not even on my radar screen.    I could have asked my grandparents but the thought never occured to me.   I guess it was when I went thru the ancient papers of my father and I wondered who these people were and where did they come from.   

What I was surprised to find out was that the ggrandmother had three children who died and were buried beside her.   At that time 1880-1900 I suppose having childred die was a common occurance.   But now you expect to bury your parents and not your children.  

Off all next week.   Haven't  decided what to do.  But, I will come up with something.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool footage Claudia. This is awesome to think you have made such progress in your search!  Have a great week off!

Marie