Sunday, May 1, 2005

Sunday

Another Sunday is here.   This week, again, has been a hamster wheel ride.   I  have spent all week working on the house.   My brother came up with a great idea to paint the inside of the kitchen cabinet white.  They look good, BUT he and his wife were going to do it.   All they did was make a mess and the other 3 sisters had to finish the damn painting.   I was ready to strangle him............and so were the others.  

The one door in the kitchen had a stain.   I noticed it a year ago and asked my dad what hapened (it looked like some carbon based thing)  Dad ignored the question.   The realtor said it looked bad (it did).   So, we abandoned the plan to paint the outsides white and got some Scotts Liquid Gold and they are shining.   The damaged door has been sanded, stained and re-polyurethaned.   There is a guy who has a paint store not too far from me and he was able to analyze the stain and came up with the exact match.  At least, I can not tell the difference.  We decided that whomever bought the house would probably replace them so why waste our time.  Also, I went to Lowes and the cost for a inexpensive laminate counter to was $800 and for them to install it was another $1000.  That would have been really polishing a turd.........

Chuck and I (I was the go-fer) cut and installed the indoor-outdoor carpet in the gameroom.   That also looks nice.   The last project for me is to clean the kitchen floor, and that is really a mess.   I will use the floor scrubber and hope it gets clean.  I have to clean up and hide all the supplies and tools.   Guess I will put them in the basement and closets.  It will all be gone when the sale is complete...   MY sister and my nephew are also going to be working.   I am paying Sean to paint the porch railing.   He is going to the HS prom and needs the cash because he lost his job.   The rstaurant closed....

I am looking forward to having nothing to do with that house.   I think I will save the procedes for my face lift, which I will be needing after worrying about this............

 

No comments: