Thursday, May 19, 2005

ONLY IN AMERICA

Only in America can I be harassed by someone 8,000 miles away.  This is about you, AOL.  About a month ago we switched to DSL.   After a call to AOL to find out how to switch, and because we are faithful customers for 8 years we were offered a rate of $14.95 per month.  

After 2 weeks it was noted that there was now an offer of $9.95/ month.  I called and inquired about it and after that I was told that there would be a penality of $25.   I told the woman to forget the $9.95 and she should have mentioned that at the begining and saved us both a lot of time and evergy.  Don't worry I will take care of it.   

Now I am being billed and verbally harrassed , on the phone. by Alice (8,000 miles away) about this $25.   Then she states she can't talk to me because I am not the person on the account....................Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.   I guess knowing the code word doesn't account for anything.   When I asked her how many times do I need to call and try to get this resolved...................SHE HANGS UP ON ME.

Well,  I have been charged one month penalty on my Charge Card,   This time I will attempt to call customer service.   Also 8,000 miles away.   The man was very nice and after much explanation and profuse  appolgies he tells me it has been taken care of.   I HOPE SO lEON.......... Come to think of it, last week my husband spoke to Emily who also assured him that it was taken care of........   Only time will tell on this one.  

But I do have Alices phone number and if this fails I will post it on the internet...................

 

No comments: