Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Tuesday

Work on Sunday was uneventful.   And that is the way I like it..................One ortho case in the morning and one at 8 pm. 

Yesterday I was thwarted by the lack of places that I needed to go,  they were closed because of a "holiday".   If I dont have off or get paid for it, it isnt a holiday.  Being a nurse there are only 6 holidays, and a lot of people have 10 or better.   My husband is a Navy veteran and he doesnt get off on veterans day.   I think all the veterans should have off and the rest of the work force go to work.   I am willing to bet that the Congress has off.  And probably most of them were draft dodgers.

Yesterday I took all the photostuff out of my dads house.  I have a plan to scan and save all the family photos.   This is going to be labor intensive.  Also I plan on taking a digital photo class.  What I want to learn to do is how t save photos on CDs.   I know know how many mb are on the cds but I havn't been able to determine how many mb that a scanned photo will take up on that cd.   I have read about the diferent formats (tiff and jpeg) but the storeage eludes me.   And I still havn't solved how to get the pictures to occupy the space in this journal.

Today I am spending my day doing things I couldnt do yesterday.  Going to the bank and buying a bottle of wine.   PA has the most antiquated and assenine liquor laws.  The people who made the laws and oppose its change think that if they sold wine in stores (grocery) that the entire population of PA will become alcoholics.   Just look at the other states, is the entire population of states who sell wine in grocery stores addicted to alcohol???

I really become irked by the power of stupid people who try to enfore their will and ideas on the population of a whole.....................

No comments: