Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Wednesday

Yesterday was a very busy day and night oncall.  Didn't get done until midnight.  But the good thing is that I can turn down the thermostat in the call room and have it freezing cold.  What we did mostly is OB.  I would like to know this:

Why do women today expect their labors and deliveries to be absolutly pain free.  They seem genuinely surprised when it isn't.  Also, to have the entire extended family in the labor room with people drives me absolutely crazy.  Everybodies mother, father, and aunts, siblings and who knows else.  My philosophy is the only person who was their for the laying of the keel should be allowed to be there for the launching of the ship.    That is one of the most miserable times of a persons life and I personally do NOT want an audience.  At this point in time I would be in no mood for ENTERTAINING my relatives.   So. all of you not involved in the conception, STAY HOME AND WAIT FOR THE PHONE CALL

 

 

No comments: