Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday

Saturday morning and all is well...........I am on backup call so there is not much that I could really get involved in doing.   Nothing that require a definite commitment of starting and stopping.

I got my information from the Diocese of Pittsburgh.  The thing I wanted to know was not there.   It has been an ongoing mystery where Patrick O'Rourke and Ellen Martel were married.  I finally figured out by the way of the 1900 census that they were married in the USA.  That event was in 1874; they had emigrated in 1872,   Where they were from 1872 until 1875 is a mystery.  Their first child was born in 1875 and baptized  in Braddock.   This was a thriving community at the time.   Both sets of the Irish side lived in that area and worked at the steel mills.

Rumor has it they arrived in Boston so I check for the archives of the diocese of Boston, but the diocese is moving the archives to a new physical location and I can not request information for a year.     I guess I have hit the proverbial brick wall.

Tomorrow  Emily and I are going to the vegetarian buffet and then to see a Movie.   

I would really like to know how I consistently loose the curser on this page, how the size and style of the font changes and where does this stuff go with out any initiation on my part????????   It is making me crazier than I already am.

 

No comments: