Thursday, January 24, 2008

Irked for the third time

This is the third start.   I started to write and when I tried to add a link, the body of the Add an Entry disappeared into neverland.

I have wasted at lot of time and psychic energy doing this.   But the real pain in the arse is that I had forgotten my witticisms that I had written the first two times.

My current quest is still geneaology.   I talk to people who have done this for years and I am amazed what they have uncovered.  I found a lost cousin (she was not really lost, I just didn't know her)  We are both researching the same line.   My Irish side the O'Rourkes.    With many kids it is a wonder that there aren't more out there doing work, or maybe, I just haven't found them.

One of the greatest places is the LDS website

FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

This is really plug and chug.   What I don't like is the inability to contact someone who has made a family history post.   I found my family and would like to contact them but there seems to be no way to do that.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be into geneaology, (Is that how it's spelled?) but I gave up on it.  I was wondering about my ancestors, what sort of people they were.  But I ran out of leads, so I just gave up on it.