Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday

Here are my sisters and I 30 years ago.   I have one of my brothers too.  This is just before my sister ran off and got married.   That was a trying time in my life.   I was living in Europe and my youngest sister was still living at home and walking on a phyysological tightrope.   My father thought he was always right.  He didn't talk to her for about 5 or  years after.  Till his buddies at work told him he was wrong (now that was a really new concept) and they should get over it.  They did but I don't think things were ever the same.    As he got older he still thought he was right and tried to control the lives of the children who were in their 40's nd 50's.  Go figure that......  Guess he had real control issues.

It is hot, hot, hot.  September is suppose to be mild and it surely has not been.  Back to work.   Our department is interviewing for a new assistant chief.   One of the interviewees was asked what she would do about the OT situation. ( we don't have it if we don't want it)  She said she would make it mandatory.  She won't make any points with us.    This is the same broad who's husband filed for divorce because she was having an affair with one of the students.   Just who I would want in charge..........I am glad I only have one year and  26 days till I can retire.   I plan right now to look elsewhere and do two 10's or the time being.

I am going to have my foot operated on.   It hurts most of the time.  But even more after I have been on my feet all day at work.  The floors are terrazzo.  I will be off for  weeks and then go to a meeting in Williamsburg VA.   I think I am going to have company. 

 

No comments: