Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday

This is a picture of my brothers from about thirty years ago.  When did we all get old???  Time just goes by so fast, not so slowly into the future.......I guess that song was from thirty years ago  I post a more current picture of the sibs at some other time.

Just had a neat google feature shown to me by by daughter.   You go to www.google and then you his images and then type in what you are searching for.  And presto a multitude of pictures  will appear.    You can gaze at them for eons.    I was looking for a map of Ireland with its counties.   And they did have many of them , along with pictures of Ireland.   I then did the same for Germany.   I am not getting far with my ancestry.

I am stuck on the great grandparents.  Two of them are in Germany.  I will post their pictures.....The two that are in PA I got most of my information from the census and just can't find their records of when they immigrated.......I really would like to know how some of these people can trace their family back to Charlemagne.  I can't seem to find any relevant records to search.  What I read is that you have to know where the came from and to what church they belonged.   That is the enigma for now.............  Here are Frau and Herr Bartels.  He looks like he has on his German face for sure.....

Well, another addendum.  I tried to put the Schridde family down here with the Bartelsbut it didn't happen.    So, up above on the left is the Schridde family.  The soldier in the middle is my grandfather Willi.   His sisters namer were, Minna, Una (Oona??), Johanna, Lily and  ??????.  I also do not know the names of my great grandparents.  But I sure have their picture.........The spookiest thing is the woman sitting,third from the right looks like me.    Maybe there is something to the gene theory...????

 

 

No comments: