Monday, September 3, 2007

Jumping thru hoops

The coolness from this photo is looking mighty fine.  I am still jumping thru hoops to add to his journal.   I got a help email from AOL but I have to print it and I am sitting on the couch not attatched to the printer.   Guess I will have to get up and run it off.

Back to work tomorrow......When my daughter was little she told me that when she grew up she wanted to be like her grandma and grandpap who didn't do anything except spend money.     I WANT TO DO THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I turned back on the A/C.   It is to go up to the high 80's this week and be humid.  I REALLY am tired of hot weather.   I could never permanently live in the south.   I think I could live in New England.  

One of my goals in life (or retirement) it to go on an extended New England vacation.   I would leave about the middle to September and go there in the fall.   I want to drive along the Maine coast and stop at Inns and take pictures.   I won't have a time table and just go and stop when I want.  Now, all I have to do is get Chuck to go along with the plan.   I also want to see the Grand Canyon.

"We neither get better or worse as we get older, but more like ourselves."
Robert Anthony   This is what I have always said.  People who are miserable when they are old were miserable when they were young.

"I have always felt that the moment when first you wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the 24 hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that .... absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not one jot. The possibility is always there."
Monica Baldwin   This is wasted on people whose brains do not engage till after noon.

"Work isn't to make money; you work to justify life."
Marc Chagall   

One time I went on a job interview.   The HR person asked me (One of those types of pick your psyche question)   "What motivated you to get up in the morning?"   I told her MONEY.   Guess that took her by surprise.  Then as the interview went on (I thought it was a lot of psycological corporate bull shit)  She told me what the starting salary was.   (Much less than I was making pre interview)   I told her "Honestly, I am making much more than that now and I would like to end the interview since I felt we were wasting each others time.  Thank you for your time."  End of interview   After a few weeks I saw the same place in the paper ad with "Updated" salary schedule.    Guess they finally saw that light.

No comments: