Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday

Today is cooler than it has been.   I am just waiting to go out to lunch with my lady friends.   

I got irked today by Sylvania.   I bought a lot of those energy saving lasting seven years light bulbs.   The stupid light bulb didn't last seven months let alone seven years.   I wrote to them and told them of my unhappiness.   Also told them I would not buy that product again, and also I didn't save my receipt since in good faith I had no reason to believe that it would burn out.    Also, the biggest thing is how do I dispose of this light bulb.   They contain mercury and if every one disposes of them in the garbage the mercury levels will increase.  We will be poisoning ourselves with our eco-friendly lights.   I asked them how does one dispose of the now defunct light bulb???   Made in China no less.   The email will probably be read by someone in China to boot.

Still having problems with my computer.   I sent an email to Microsoft because I was unhappy with them also.   My troubles started when I installed the Windows updates.   It will not start.   It will go and let me sign in and nothing happens at the start menu.  I can access and have it run with the computer in safe mode,  I can network in safe mode.   My things are still stored on the hard drive.   The fan runs nonstop at high speed.   The ati drivers are missing   (WTF??????)   I can not turn the computer off except pushing the off button manually.   I am awaiting an answer with  anticipatory job from Microsoft.     I realize the computer is three years old, but it meets all my needs.   I am wondering if this is Microsoft's idea of planned obsolesces and hope people will just think the compter is shot and buy a new one.    I have dogged determination and as my husband says  I am dangerous when I get "a hair up my ass"  

I know I will have explanatory emails on Monday.  HA  

No comments: