Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday

"I have noted that persons with bad judgment are most insistent that we do what they think best."
Lionel Abel

I have spent more time with this computer than I deemed necessary.    It hasn't been working since Sunday.   I was at my wits end, also my patience.   I worked on it when I came home on Saturday and it downloaded updates.    Sunday morning it was in the Outer Limits.   I had to resort to msconfig and enabling all the start up items.  Then searching the lines and deleting what wasn't necessary.

One of the main problems was Norton.   Some part of it wasn't working.  After consultation with Vijaya I deleted and reinstalled.   It is still getting updates.   I hope this works.   It was saying No Intruded Detection.   Sort of like:  "Danger, danger Will Robinson!!!!!!"    I hope this solves that particular dellema.  If that is spelled wrong the spell check didn't come up with any useable ideas either.

Two more days of work.    Norton is making a career of this download.   Nothing new.   I didn't take too many pictures on vacation.   We took only one car.  And although I could drive my husbands it just wasn't the same as driving my own.   Don't know when I will to to The Outer Banks again.   The traffic was terrific, to quote Home for the Holidays   There is a drive to install a new bridge.  This would cut of one hour of drive time.    Guess I will go to the web site and electronically sign the petition.....

No comments: