Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday

This is also a village in Maine.  We took a boat ride out to an island (French Island???) and there was a quaint village.  Things were sort of retro... They had a one room school house and by high school the kids were "boated" to the mainland.   I think they were housed there for the week and then "boated" back home for the weekend.    I don't remember what happened in the winter.   Maybe they stayed there when the weather was bad.     They also had white tailed deer.    The deer were so small, and I guess a sub species (if that is what they call them.)  Because of the decreased amount of food they didn't develop like the ones on the mainland.   I didn't see any of them.

I need a break today from the scanning.   I want to go to the farmers market and get some tomatoes.   I would like to have a garden with flower and tomatoes.  I talked about it but never got around to do it.   I guess I find the planning (easy) and the implimentation (hard) to be overwhelming.   I know you have to dig and start the beds.  My father used to do that and I would watch.  But I can't get started.  Maybe because it is easier just to buy the tomatoes......

No comments: