Saturday, August 18, 2007

Gone for a week.

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time."
Anna Freud

I tried to add to this journal while away, but just couldn't do it.   It is a pita trying to use someone else computer.   And not know the link to ones journal.   The trip was looooooooooooooooong.    We first went and spent Friday at my brothers in VA and then the next day we went to the shore.   The ride down was uneventful till we got to the route 158 onto the outerbanks.   That was bumper to bumper.   And then the 20 mile ride up the island went by in super slo-mo.   I will not stay at that end of the island again.

The house was something out of the Griswolds Family Vacation.   The house itself was nice.  BUT.........I have a better stream of urine than the flow of the water.   You can't have two people using the water at the same time.    Now, the only problem is that this house has seven bathrooms and one half bath....   With 18 people staying there the chances are that more than one at a time is going to happen.     Also there is water in the kitchen, laundry and my brother playing pool boy.  He must have an obsession about filling up the pool.   I couldn't care about the pool level    Three days a week someone is scheduled to come and service the pool.   So everytime the flow was low or gone I had to check what he was up to.     The problem is that there is a well and the owner refused to connect into the city water.  Cheap SOB.  We won't go back to that house.

On the second day the A/C quit.  95 degrees outside.   The A/C man filled it up and said there was a leak at the compressor.   To my surprise it was replaced the next day.  Second day with no A/C.     Then that night the blower unit was leaking and the rug outside the closet was wet.   Then water was dropping on Emilys head.   But the biggest problem was the blender didn't work and we couldn't make Pina Coladas, or any other of frozen concoction.   My brother complained.   Maybe we will get some rebate.....I hope so we were all aggravated enough.

I hope to down load the pictures today

No comments: