Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday

Latest adventure.   The cat survived her vet visit.  She had a tooth removed and the infection was in the bone. Had to put some kind of plug or graft in the hole.   She said (the vet,not the cat)  that Jenny had 4 teeth missing.   She has gum disease.  She WILL lose all her teeth.   This is quite unusual in a cat 3 years old.   I am trying to imagine a kitty tooth brush or kitty dentures.  Can't picture that......   I have to pick up the cat at 4ish.   Baby food tonight, antibiotics for 2 weeks, and then a dental diet.   It is a genetic predisposition for the bad teeth.   Maybe I should have put her on my dental plan.

Irked again by my health care company.   They denied my husbands I & D of an abcess (in the ER) and not an emergency.     But the biggest pain in the arse is that there is NOT a list of allowable emergencies.   WTF.   It is "what the layperson" would consider as an emergency.    An appeal can be filed.     They deny things but can't tell me what is allowed, what a bunch of BS is that??   And we both work in health care.     The people on welfare have the best policy.  When they get a bill they just throw it in the garbage.

No comments: