Saturday, November 6, 2004

Saturday

It has been a long week.  Working 3/12 hour days.  At least I had a break inbetween.   At 3 I feel sad when everyone goes home.  Actually, it wasn't too bad.  I didn't have to stay later than my alloted shift.

The big pain is now the "Pixis"  system.   Some mental giant decided that this was the way to go.  To get any drugs or supplies you have to access the machine and put in your password.  With the drug side, it doesnt recognize a name, you have to decide if you want generic or brand.   Plus the person who programmed it doesnt call the things what we call them.  The bright idea of this of course was the administration because this is surely for their convenience not the people who are doing the work.

Of, as usual, no one consulted the people doing the work.  Plus now the carts have to be locked, which is a good idea.   Before, alll our supplies were on a large general cart that our aide took to each room and fill what you needed.   Now they have to be dragged out and filled in the workroom.   Those carts are VERY hard to manouver.  Everyone is suppose to take your cart to the work room at the end of the day and it will get stocked.   Plus you lose time signing in and have to open the locked cabinets and take what you need.

In actuality that is not what happens.  Sme rooms get done late, or peolple dont take them out.  Or when your room is finished you have to go and relieve someone else and then have another room to do.  We have one aide, what we really need it 2 full time and probably a part time to cover after 5 till 7.  I hope the bugs get out of it because this is driving me and everyone else CRAZY.

My daughter started her pt job.  Working at Brookstones.  She will finish school in about 4 to 5 weeks.  I wish she would get her resume done and start submitting it.   I think she is afraid of doing this.  I, for one, do not plan on supporting her the rest of her life.............................

 

No comments: