Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday

Another week done and gone.   Why do weekends so fast?   Nothing new at work.   SSDD   I feel soooooooo happy on my eight hour days.    Cutting down my hours is occupying a lot of my time.   Talking to other women and they are retiring earlier than me.   The one I spoke to day is retiring in December.   He husband is a retired school teacher,  he and she have paid health insurance till they both are 65.   I really resent that.   I am paying for their health insurance via my taxes but I don't get it myself.......I honestly believe the people working in health care have the worse health plan.

Still trying to research the genealogy.   I can understand how people can trace their ancestory back to 1200.   I can't even get mine past the trip over the ocean.    I look for Irish census and none seem to exist.   England, Scotland and Wales but not Ireland.  When I listen to some of the people researching this for 20 plus years it makes me crazy.   My daughter was right, I AM impatient and expect fast results.   Maybe that is why I have gotten as far as I have so far.   May do a little on this tomorrow.   I need to go to the City-County building but it is difficult to do when you don't have a lot of days off in the middle of the week.  Heaveb forbid that they may be open on weekends.   Another irritant for me is the cost of parking in Pittsburgh.  When they voted it the most livable city I think they forgot to check the price of parking in this town.....

Weather yesterday and today was marvelous.  Will be getting hot.   Is it hotter now than when I was a kid???   It seems like it to me, but I guess I will have to check the yearly temperature averages for the past half century.

The status on the car is that  it is going to be repaired.  A new hood, windshield, liner and assorted plastic pieces.   Repair to two fenders and I can't remember what else is in the line up.   I HATE DEER.    I WISH THEY WOULD ALLOW EACH HUNTER TO HARVEST 10 OF THE SUCKERS EACH YEAR......

 

No comments: