Saturday, August 27, 2005

Lazy Saturday

And to the people who read my journal maybe you could do the St Jude Novena too.......I will take all the help I can get.

I listened to talk radio this morning......The man talkin was the owner of an oil company.  He thinks that the gas will go to $3.00-3.50 a  gallon.    He said that the problem started when gas was listed as a "commodity"   The price of gas is centered around "projections"    There haven't been any refineried build in this country for 30 years  We are not allowed to drill for oil because of the enviornmentalists.  Maybe the tree huggers would  be willing to foot the bill  for the gas for the country.

 I think we are heading for a great depression.....People in the country use oil to heat their houses and a lot of them ae lower income.   All this talk abut people on a "fixed income."   I work and my income is "fixed" too.   The only ones in the state of PA who get raises are the state legislatures...........that is another rant in itself.

I guess I have to start writing to the Represenatatives and Senators of this country.   The oil companies are maing record profits this year over the 44% they made last year.  It ought to be declared a utility and be regulated.   They broke up Standard Oil 100 years ago, maybe it is time to take action again.

No comments: