Saturday, August 20, 2005

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

I AM BACK ON LINE.  After fiddeling on this for a week I am back on line.    The trouble started last week when it was very difficult to open sites and it kept kicking me off.  The Altell tech was suppose to come out on Monday, and then I got a call that a lot of the techs had called off and no one was avaliable.  WHOSE FAULT IS THAT.   Where I work you keep going till its done.........He was to come yesterday and at 7pm he called and said he would be here early this morning.  He asked me what time I got up and I told him 5.   He showed up at 8:15.   He put in the new filter and then worked on some splices, and the sucker still didn't work.  We tried two modums and even his computer.   ALAS......  He had me call tech support and they were able to get me connected.   The IT guy said that the username and password wasn't in the modum,  HOW DID IT GET OUT?????.     Well, now it is working fine.....so far so good.

No comments: