Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday

Another saga into the bowels of this computer.   I came home from work and Chuck said that he couldn't get connected.  Well neither Emily or I could either.   Called the cable provider and they said the line was staticy.  I told him it had been that way since the DSL arrived and the filters were in place.   Well I did a filter search and they all are fuzzy.  The Altell guy is coming out on Tuesday and he is suppose to install a external filter.    At least I have an inkling of what is going on, what about the people who are TOTALLY CLUELESS??????

Call was uneventful.   Busy in the morning and then at everyones beck and call the other 18 hours.   I bought a new remote for the TV.  It took about 1 hour to get it programed.  The numbers they had to install it were not the code.   The code search hit paydirt somewhere int the 050's.    That stupid thing goes up to about 300.   You have to hit the channel up button until the station changes and if you pass it you have to go back.   If I had to wait till the end of the line I would probably be sitting there yet............

Couldn't get this darn compter to connect to AOL.   It kept kicking me off stating that the firewall (Norton) was not permitting AOL to load.   Well I went into the bowels of Nortons Firewall configure and that didn't work either.   My last resort was to do a system restore to a date before the trouble started.   THAT WORKED.  I think this trouble had something to do with the server although they will deny that...

 

 

No comments: