Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday

Got a lot accomplished, I think.  Went to find graves of my ancestors.  The Irish side.  I found out that there are 3 lots avaliable, only you have to die to use them.   I wished I had taken my camera and would have photographed them.   That was my fathers, mothers side.   My fathers's, fathers side is there too.   But it started to rain and my sister and I didn't want to get when, because this required looking on a hilly, wet hillside.   They cemetary was there from the 1800's  and a lot of the tombstones were toppled over.  My fathers-paternal side were from the same area of town.  After my grandfather died in 1921 I think they accused my grandmother of killing him.  From what I can figure, he was intoxicated and fell down the steps.  They the next day he was dead.   Most likely had a subdural hematoma and it was no ones fault by his own. 

We will go someday and look again.   The rest of the family, ancestorss, are buried in Ireland.  I dont know how I would go about finding them.  The whole hillside were all cousins, I think.   Married daughters, sons and their children.   I would venture a guess that I have a lot of deceased ancestors in that one cemetary.  I also have to investigate my mothers maternal side which is in another cemetary.   They were non Catholics and not buried in the Catholic one.   But now if you are married to a Catholic you can be buried in the All Saints Cemetary.  Times are a changin'.

My daughter was feeling bad, when I called she was sitting in the vetts office with her cat, Jeanne Marie, to get her FIXED.  I told her that she was a young healthy cat and she would be all right.  She is to stay over night and come home tomorrow.

 

 

No comments: