Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday

My mood is upbeat today.   My biggest worry is whether I can clean out the interior of the car before the rain starts.   I check the weather map and it is raining in Columbus OH.    When I get done here I will hurry down and do it.  I got the car washed yesterday and it looks great with all that grime gone.

Emily is playing in two concerts today.   First will be with the youth symphony of Johnstown, she and her stand partner will be ringers.   She will get paid for that as well as the real Symphony  Her and her stand partners are the youngest in the professional symphony and can pass for rookies.  She would play for free actually.   Some of the musicians look to be in their 70's.

Work was uneventful and reduced stress this week.  I asked some of the OR staff if it has been like this or was it just this week.   They told me it has been like this since the begining of Feb.    So far no one has gone out of their way to make anyone look stupid.   This is a refreshing change.  The new billing company has signs posted on how to improve your recovers of fees.  Ones that you are entitled to.   They said all in all that our compliance is very high.   The new thing is when we are done we are to put the bills in each MDs mail box and then they in turn review it and if any thing is not in compliance they will give it back to the CRNA for their correction.   One I had not signed and then I was able to take care of it the same day and it was a lot easier because you had all the copies at your disposal.  Also the patient is still in the hospital.

Chuck says the new parking charge is going to finance the aneshesia department.   He may be right, we calculated it and they should get about a half million per year.  This was from minimal calculations.

Some of the people coming back this week and next.   One of the doctors told me I was the queen and they all follwed me back to the hospital.  That made me laugh.  I like the 35 hour week and when we get up to par I won't be taking call.   This was one of my stressors at that job.   I heard that the chief was going to talk to the DON and request that they not call us after 9pm with the IVs, my opinion is out on that one for now.  We dont have second call during the week, just weekend call at this time.

Off to vacuum the car.

 

No comments: