Monday, March 6, 2006

BAck to work.

Well, today was my first day back at my own place of employment.  It was uneventful.  Got a lot of hugs and glad you are backs.   They have hired 13 or 14 people.  Have about 4 slots to fill.   This is more than we had before. 

I have two calls to do and I hope that they are the last.   The calls wouldn't be so bad except for the IVs and changing the pump setting for the stupid RNs in L & D.   The refuse to do it, althought the nurses in the rest of the hospital do the changing.     They need a younger department head that will take them into the next century and out of the past one.

The bonus will be cut in half as of March 15 and then end by the end of the month.   I heard that our former chief is interviewing at St Clair for a chief position there.    I really like her I hope it goes well for her.    It was also said that they will NEVER  hire any of the old docs, it is too late, but they will hire the old Anesthetists.   I feel old and over the hill myself.   I want to stop call and sleep in my own bed.   

The big difference is the feeling to rush and push and shove to get things done is gone.    I will wait for  the rest of the week to see if that remains so.....

 

 

No comments: