Thursday, February 3, 2005

Thursday

It has been over a week since I have last written.  My brother came up from VA and we have all been working on 2327.   I guess what spurred them all into action was the email about selling it as is or fixing it up for sale and getting more money.  

The BR as is was not usable.   That is gutted and new green board (or is it blue) is being installed and a new tub surround and the whole thing in general.   I have taken jictures and will take some more when we are done.

The walls in the kitchen were dark  brown brick and they are now painted a pale gold.   They look much better.  It is so bright that a person could do surgery in there.   We replaced the light on the ceiling.   My sisters and I also painted the front room and will paint all the rooms in the house.  It is a lot of work and everyone has been pitching in nicely.  

Also found water under the floor in the  basement room.  It seems that the heavy water on Sept 17 probably came in there and then the gutter wasnt conncected and the rain and water was coming down the cellar wall.   We have to take up the entire floor and will paint it.

Tomorrow we put in another day.....who knows what  to do tomorrow.   I know for sure that the back door and trim needs a second coat.  And I have taped the baseboard in the front room.   They will all be a brilliant white.

Chuck scraped the dried adhesive off the ceiling and walls in the BR and instead of puting all wallboard we will just paint it.

 

 

No comments: