Sunday, April 8, 2007

"Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill."
Barbara Tuchman

 I love the library, I could read two to three books a week.  I am always getting out some of the latest ones.  I rarely watch TV.   I would rather read.   I have NEVER seen an epoisode of Survivor or Americal Idol.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck   I believe it probably is a duck.     Only most people do not want to be associated with ducks.

A few weeks age I was giving sedation to a young woman.  She is an attorney and had move back to PA from CA.    She was relocating to her home town.   I asked her if she had found a position yet.   She said no, she was only back for one week.  And then she added she really didn't want to work.    I said to her neither did I nor did most people,  I really could get into sitting on my arse and let a check come rolling  in.

What I REALLY   wanted to say was "Keep you chin up kid, you only have about 40 years to go."  What we have produced in this country is a lot of people who want to wait for the check to come in.   People would rather sit and do nothing if it produces income.   And then if they want extra cash they go out and work on the black market on a cash only basis and never report it as income.   

I really would like to know how much income is made and never reported.   I resent it because I pay beaucoup taxes and a lot don't.   I also believe that people wouldn't mind paying their share if it was all equal and THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T SQUANDER THE MONEY THEY PAID.

When I look at all the federal, state and local waste it makes me sick.    I am paying for perks that I never would get myself and not only that I haveto pay for a lot of these things myself.  Health care is the biggest.   The poor and the rich get away without paying and the entire burden is placed on the middle class, of which I am one.....

 


 

No comments: