Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday

Back to the computer, I am off today and am I glad.   Took a "clean up you computer" class on Saturday.   That really went well.  I also have one in two weeks on computer security.   The teacher was a very knowledgable African American lady..  She told us we could email her with our computer problems till she died.   So, I guess I have a reference forever. 

Two more people looked at the house, I guess they roasted their butts off this past week.  I am going to bury St Joseph.  When we lived in NJ and need to sell the house I did that.   The house was on the market from about March.   And I buried him in August and in about two weeks we had an offer.   It was funny because when I went to buy him the Catholic Store lady said  "I guess you are selling a house."  My friend has suggested that but I have gotten desperate enough yet.  But, I am getting to that point.

Selling the house without an a/c may be a problem.....It is funny that 6 kids grew up in that house with 3 bedrooms, now everyone has to have a bedroom for each kid.   The biggest problem was  that I had to share my bedroom with my grandmother when she became too ill to stay by herself.   That  September, a few months later, I went off to school and grandma had the bedroom to herself.   She snored really loud.   Also stopped breathing for a few seconds in a row.   I know know that is called sleep apnea. She died the following spring.  Now everyone wants the finest of ammenities.. waa waa waa.  All for  50 K too.

Emily and I went to a vegetarian breakfast buffet yesterday.  It was on the South Side of Pgh.  The South Side is an interesting place.  It would be neat to by a house and live there.  Of course, you would have to leave your car parked and take the bus.  If you lived in the city.  

The restaurant had sort of a vegitarian bonanza.  They used a lot of beans, and raisins.   And not a whole lot of pasta. The main focus was on was on beans and lentils.  There were about 10 selections of pre meal entrees.   Then you picked out your main dish.  From eggs to pancakes, etc.  And then there was a dessert selection.  I felt like I was a time traveler from 1969.   A lot of "hippies"  were there.  I don't know what they are called today.  LOTS a piercings and a few with tatoos.   And one guy who smelled like he never had owned a washcloth or soap.   Maybe he felt he should be a natural man.  But I have smelled better farm animals.  I would go back but would go earier.  There was no a/c, but at 12 noon it wasn't yet a problem.

I would also like to have a few of the recipes......

When I take the compter security class I may be able to get rid of that "Weather Bug"

 

 

 

 

No comments: