Sunday, March 6, 2005

Sunday

My last day off..............Spent yesterday down at 2327.   Didn't get a whole lot done because there is not a whole lot left to do.   I cleaned the bathtub in preparation to have he final vinyl trim and the caulking applied.  One of the guys will do this.  I really wanted to go and get this done today.   But my daughter was wanting to go to a movie.   She is still sitting in the house and I need a crowbar to get her out.   I hope she is not developing agoraphobia

Last evening we wanted to go out to get something to eat.   I had hoped she would want to go with us but she said that after working she just wanted to sit down on her butt.     Welcome to the real world kid...........She is starting to sound like her parents.  But after all that we got in the car and we decided not to go ourselves.   We had realy been hoping that she she would come along.    We are going to see the film that won best foreign film at the Academy Awards.   I forgot its name........I hope it is more memorable than the title I forgot.

Back to work tomorrow.   It is the first busy day in weeks.   I am  in charge and oncall.   With no help to do breaks and lunches.    One of the surgeons, who had a history of obnoxious behavior and acting badly, was suspended for a month.  I dont know if the other surgeons are angry about that, fearing that it could happen to them too or what???   You would really have to be bad to be as evil as the first guy.    In actuality I really think he is psychotic.  This had gone on for years and all he had gotten  was a slap on the hands.  He was of the impression that they wouldn't do anything to him because he was a MD.  He was right for 20 or so years. 

Or maybe they are angry because the hospital is being taken over by one of the "mother ship" hospitals.   This move means that the medical staffs are going to merge and the docs are unhappy about that.    And also the hospitals want to own the practices and there will no longer be any private practices.  To me thisis crazy because who is going to work as hard if the hospital will be the one making the money and you are getting a salary.   There is no incentive in move, but I guess it is the wave of the future....Who knows.........

No comments: