Saturday, April 17, 2004

What to do with an old RV

Well, it has been almost one month since my dad died.  Seems like much longer than that.    We are still going thru his things.   I vow, to my daughter, that I hope never, ever, ever to leave a mess like this for you.  Just remember, Emily, to check my coat pockets, I still leave money in them. 

The old RV is the real pain.  Dad backed it into a pipe and smashed in the back, where thelights are.  He was going to repair it and had it all apart.  But he passed before he could repair, and I have no clue where the instruction book and the tail lights are.  It also has a leak in the brake lines.  The darm thing only has 62,00 miles on it.  But it would sell for about $1,000 to $1,500.  The cost and time would be more than the amount we generate from the sale.  I have been looking up auto donations on line and I think that is the way to go with that one.  Have to consult with my siblings on that.  I think I would like the procedes be donated to Cancer Research, since it was my moms RV and she died of cancer.  Maybe the money would help to work on a cure...................  Mom would like that, I am sure.

Today was a very nice day.  The best of the year so far. I havn't a clue how that bold printing pops off like that.  I went to order new glasses and then got some exercise walking around the mall.  I am going to restart my walking.  Hope Emily will go with me when she comes home...........................

Tomorrow will be another day at 2327 to clean up some more, soon we will be able to load the truck up with the metal things (junk) and get rid of some of that.  We havn't even started in the outdoor shed.  Gads

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mom!  Just thought I would leave you a comment sice you seemed sad you didn't get any.  I finished a hat!!!  Still working on your scarf.  Hope to have it done by the timeyou come up here this weekend!

Love you, EMILY