Monday, April 12, 2004

Rainy Monday

Well, its Monday.  After being "on call", captured at the hospital, I am off today and Tuesday.  It is nice to have off days during the week.  I often womder how the people who work 9-5, M-F, ever get anything done.

Went to look at my fathers travel trailer.  I found out that someone may be interested in buying it.   These two items are worth just a few thousand dollars, with the RV being worth about $1,000 if I am lucky.   Right now my impulse is just donate it to charity and don't worry about replacing the brakes or the back panel where it was crunched.

This evening we are going to meet again to go thru "stuff."  My brother said that dad didnt believe in "wasting" anything.  But, why, would anyone save thing when their town had a recycling program.   Why save things if you are not EVER going to use them.   All it became was a giant PITA for us.

Havn'g found any money though.   I have heard of some people found thousands that their parents had in the house.  All I found were a tin of pennies.

My hairdressor said that when her husbands family decided to remodel the old family home they broke into the walls to build an addition.  In the walls they found thousands of dollars.  The bills were the old style from the 1920's.  I guess they put them there during the depression and they got forgotten or the people died and no one knew they were there.  Those old bills are redeemable at the bank.

Thats it for today.  A lot of work to do tonight.  Too bad its raining.  We can't put any cardboard boxes out in the rain.

 

 

No comments: